Get your free guide:
HOW TO GIVE BIRTH BEAUTIFULLY
without hopping on the plane home
Giving Birth abroad is a scary thought for most Mums.
Hands up if your first thought was to hop on a plane when you found out you were pregnant? Being far from home and family during pregnancy can be lonely and a just a little bit scary.
I know because I am a serial expat myself and I have been working with expats expecting for the last 10 years. You have your own special set of needs and concerns.
I am here to help you navigate them all and wish you warmly welcome!
– Karen Wilmot, The Virtual Midwife
TOP 10 FEARS OF GIVING BIRTH ABROAD
1. How do I decide which Doctor to choose?
2. Are the hospitals equipped to cope with emergencies?
3. I have heard so many horror stories from fellow expats about the care
4. What if I am talked into having a c/section against my will?
5. I cannot find antenatal classes like they have back home
6. Will I be able to have all the correct tests and scans?
7. I am concerned about the language barrier and things getting lost in translation
8. I feel lonely and unsupported, far from home and family
9. I am worried about the level of health care offered
10. I am concerned that I may not be able to make my wishes understood
How I can support you:
THE ULTIMATE COURSE FOR GIVING BIRTH ABROAD for EXPATS
This program includes everything you need to know for an enjoyable pregnancy and birth experience.
Become Birth Fit, the holistic way.
The Virtual Midwife program prepares you for a delivery where you are truly empowered to harness the power of your body, mind, breath, emotions, and the both sides of your brain.
This is not a work OUT, but requires you to work IN. During the course you will learn the inner skills needed to shorten your labor and ease the intensity of the sensations.
You will be trained to make the best choices for yourself using both your right hemisphere, the instinctive home of pregnancy and motherhood, and the left hemisphere that guides rational logic and analysis.
You will learn how to access the tremendous feminine power within you that allows you to create a safe, enjoyable birth setting for you and your baby, even far from home.
You are made for this!
What makes the Virtual Midwife program so special?
All the information in the world means nothing if you don’t have anyone to help you put it all in perspective. Besides, you want someone to TALK to, to ASK questions and most of all you want to be HEARD. That’s what I do. I listen and I use my experience and expertise to guide you to the correct resources, regardless of where you are in the world.
You know it is important it is to be relaxed during labor but how do you achieve that? There are 5 KEY PRINCIPLES that go beyond the basic facts that you need to understand in order for everything else to make sense. This program provides information with a PURPOSE and actionable steps to get you to a place of deep understanding and trust.
Do you remember finding out about your pregnancy and all of a sudden noticing every other pregnant women around you? It’s weird, it’s exciting and it’s a little bit scary.This is a community of likeminded women. This is where you belong. This is YOUR space to share, learn, laugh and play and I am with you every step of the way.
The Virtual Midwife … at a glance
– KAREN WILMOT –
My mother was a midwife and also my first and greatest teacher. She taught me that birth was a natural, normal and incredibly beautiful.
I love to travel and I am blessed that my work takes me around the world supporting women online and in person
Favourite things include yoga, sailing, singing and cheese and tomato sandwiches.
Writer, speaker, entrepreneur, adventurer, sailor, musician and keeper of women’s traditions
My ‘first birth’ was actually a cow. I was 8 years old and from that moment I was hooked on birth!
Nursing, midwifery, hypnotherapy, yoga, marketing, business administration & adult eductation
“So much of who we are is where we have been.” Lao Tzu
A Sneak Peak at the Last 20 Years
Every birth I have attended has changed me on some level and taught me something about the incredible wisdom of women and babies.
I promote a holistic approach to birth which includes yoga and powerful breathing techniques. We can not separate body, mind and breath.
I believe in safe and gentle birth for ALL women. I host workshops and retreats around the world to raise awareness of the importance of safe & gentle birth and how to achieve it.
SHARED WISDOM MAKES US strong
Join women around the world and become part of the community
Karen taught me about “holding space” before I even knew it was a thing. The lessons I learned from her altered the course of my life. My pregnancy and birth experience was so amazing that it inspired me to become a doula.Hayley Rand
Karen was not only with me for both of my pregnancies and births, she was also my mentor during my doula studies. She taught me the value of honoring every woman’s experience.Lindsay Lane Ward Hoffman
Throughout my wife’s pregnancies I often felt overlooked and rather like a spare wheel. Karen was the only person to make me feel entitled to share and take part in the birth experience. For that I will always be immensely grateful.Ross Baird
I never believed that birth could be so beautifulSofia Tsiafi
I thought it was just a class about birth, but for me, it was life changingNatalia Costa
With her holistic approach, Karen helped me experience childbirth as it is meant to be – natural.Chloe Steele
HOW TO CHOOSE YOUR DOCTOR AND WHAT TESTS THEY SHOULD DO FOR YOU
– What is the best birth for you?
– Assessing the services – choosing a care provider
– Questions to ask your service provider
– Which tests are required in each trimester?
– The purpose of the tests
– How to interpret the results
– Guidelines for decision making (stay or go?)
HOW TO HARNESS THE POWER OF YOUR MIND FOR A POSITIVE BIRTH EXPERIENCE
– Understand the relevance of the Left & Right brain functions when preparing your mind for birth
– Learning the art of “doing” and “being” in your mind preparation
– Identifying your learning style so that you can maximise your understanding of your role in preparation.
– Learning to embrace the power of your mind during pregnancy and birth
– Understanding the E+R = O concept and its relevance to your circumstances
– Learning to let go of factors that are out of your control
– Learning to work with factors that are within your control
UNDERSTANDING SOME OF THE STRANGE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN PREGNANCY AND HOT THEY ARE PERFECTLY DESIGNED TO PRTECT YOU AND YOUR BABY
– Getting to know your cervix during pregnancy
– How your cervix works in labor (letting go of “cm”)
– Understanding the role of the mucus plug
– Understanding the role of the amniotic fluid
– The effects of relaxing on all systems and how it helps in labor
– The importance of vernix caseosa
– Wonderful whartons jelly and how it works
OPENING YOURELF TO YOUR INNER KNOWING AND ABILITY TO CONNECT & COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR UNBORN BABY
– How to use intuition during pregnancy
– Learning what intuition feels like for you
– Exploring intuition and your 5 senses
– The importance of listening, self-reflection & introspection
– Balancing intuition and common sense
– Learning to trust your intuition
– Using your intuition to guide you during decision making
– Using your intuition to connect & communicate with your unborn baby
GIVING BIRTH MARKS THE END OF YOUR PREGNANCY AND BEGINNING OF MOTHERHOOD
– Knowing what to look for in the last weeks of pregnancy
– Understanding probable and positive signs of labor
– Differentiating pain from sensation
– How to eliminate factors that influence pain
– Getting to know how your uterus works
– Understanding the stages of labor in real life
– Working with the Birth Breath & pushing
– Things to think about when birthing your placenta
IF YOU UNDERSTAND THEM THEN YOU CAN PREVENT THEM, AVOID THEM OR KNOW WHEN THEY ARE NECESSARY
– Choose a care provider and a birth setting that have low rates of using common interventions
– Understand the cascade of interventions
– Know how to discuss & negotiate interventions during pregnancy and labor
– Understand the concept of “watchful waiting” (doing nothing and waiting for labor to move along or for issues to resolve on their own) or using simpler, less invasive alternatives
– Know that you have the right to accept or refuse procedures, drugs, tests and treatments, and to have your choices honoured
Reasons to Love Online Birth Preparation
Statistics (and personal experience) show improved birth outcomes and increased overall satisfaction with the birth experience when couples are prepared and educated about what to expect. This is especially true for expats who are already in foreign circumstances.
Even the most loving & supportive husbands sometimes don’t see the point of going to a class to “learn to breathe.” With online classes you don’t even need to leave the house! All you need is a good wifi connection and a comfy chair and you are good to go.
No more endless searching that results in at least 5 conflicting responses and more questions than answers. Everything you need to know is in this course. All your questions will be answered PLUS you will have access to your private online community café and live interaction with the Virtual Midwife.
Join our Community and feel the love
You don’t sign up until you have had a chance to chat to me. Click on the phone icon below to book a complimentary session and let’s get to know each other. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get answers and find out if this is the right program for you. I have helped hundreds of families to have positive birth experiences – let me help you too.